Effective January 1, 2019
Our Commitment to Online Privacy
Browsing NWL Websites
Any individual may browse the NWL Internet Website anonymously. NWL does not collect information about visitors to the NWL Internet Website unless you provide information to NWL or an NWL representative in the course of completing a product application or obtaining client support services.
NWL Information Collection Practices
NWL collects personal information from NWL customers and prospective customers to provide these individuals with NWL products and services. NWL has designed its information collection practices to collect the minimum amount of information necessary to support a transaction with a customer or prospective customer. NWL will collect your personal information when:
- You complete and submit applications or other forms associated with NWL products through the NWL Websites or through conversations with NWL representatives, including NWL agents.
- You complete any underwriting forms, questionnaires or examinations.
- You request changes to your NWL policy through communication with NWL client support specialists or your NWL agent.
- You, your appointed designee, or the beneficiary of your policy reports a claim under your policy.
- You provide authorization for non-NWL entities, including consumer reporting agencies and parameds, to provide NWL with health information, credit history, or similar consumer information reports necessary to administer your NWL policy.
Personal information collected by NWL includes the following:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Fax number
- Email address
- Credit card, debit card, or checking account information
- Driver's license number
- Social security number
- Medical information
- Any additional information that NWL may use to specifically identify an individual.
How we protect personal information
NWL maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information it collects through NWL Internet Websites and to comply with state and federal laws. NWL also regularly reviews its security policies and practices, monitors its computer networks, and tests the strength of its security measures to reduce risks to the security of your personal information.
Who do we share personal information with?
NWL does not share any of the personal information collected about you with any other companies or third parties without your express, written authorization. Where permitted or required by law, NWL may provide personally identifying information about you to third parties without your consent to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requirements.
NWL Cookies and "Do Not Track" Policy
NWL acknowledges that some website viewers may wish to disable the NWL usage tracking features. To disable cookies, please follow the instructions appropriate for your browser type: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome .
If you have supplied personally identifiable information to NWL, and would like to review or request changes to any of the personally identifiable information collected about you, you may send a written request to NWL Policy Owner Services addressed to:
Policy Owner Services
National Western Life Insurance Company
10801 N MoPack Expressway,
Austin, TX 78759